Saturday, November 28, 2009

Link to Share Regarding BPD......

I want to share this link with everyone here. I do not have much time, but this is a very well written article regarding BPD. There is one tidbit that I want to quote personally, because well frankly....I feel that it goes along with my previous post perfectly....

"What defines borderline personality disorder — and makes it so explosive — is the sufferers' inability to calibrate their feelings and behavior. When faced with an event that makes them depressed or angry, they often become inconsolable or enraged. Such problems may be exacerbated by impulsive behaviors: overeating or substance abuse; suicide attempts; intentional self-injury."

Oh that paragraph hits too close to home. All too often have I had that moment when I have been inconsolable or enraged. I called it my anger and rage previously. I have to go, my mind is flooded with thoughts regarding this now....

I am sitting here reflecting on the moments that I can actually remember putting my loved ones into the "line of fire" It makes me sad now, I really was a monster....crap....

Time Magazine Article Regarding BPD

7 comments:

Blissseeker said...

YOU are not a monster...it's our illness that brings out the worst in us. If we could control it every time, we would. If we were monsters, if you were a monster, there would be no guilt and regret after the storm. It sounds to me like you're a pretty good guy:)

Adelaide Dupont said...

Think of Maurice Sendak and his Wild Things.

Max had an argument with his mother, was sent to his room, then saw the Wild Things, had a big rumpus and went back home. His supper was still hot.

I liked the Time article, and there is another very good one from the BBC about the first (British) Personality Disorders conference.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/markeaston/2009/11/struggling_with_personality_di.html

Your tagline is great: "A confused man dealing with his struggles".

Many many people act out in their struggles. They also act in.

Losing my Mind said...

Yes, acting out happens just as well as acting in. I actually think in my mind, I act in a lot more. The self-destructive behavior is definitely part of the problems that I deal with.

Adelaide,

My tagline is definitely how I feel most of the time. Thanks!

Blisseeker,

Thank you, I am trying to be the best guy I can be.

After work today, I will be adding a new post, I have a few different thoughts, so I am trying to clear up my mind before I just ramble.

Thank you both for the comments.

Mrsupole said...

New baby grandson is sick, so I am helping to take care of him. Just wanted you to know I am still thinking of you and when he is better I will be back to converse with you.

Prayers being sent your way.

God bless.

Mass Hole Mommy said...

I am not sure how I came across your blog, but I just sat down and read all your posts. WOW. I know it's anonymous, but it's really brave that you can admit/talk about everything.

Losing my Mind said...

Thank you Mass Hole Mommy. Sometimes, I just have to have a way to vent. I cannot live with all this kept inside of me.

I look forward to having you join me on my journey here. Can't wait to have a few free minutes to browse your blog.

Losing my Mind said...

Mrsupole-

Hope this finds your new baby grandson well. I look forward to our conversations!

Post a Comment